Botox is an FDA approved purified protein which is injected into the targeted muscles and temporarily blocks nerve signals that cause muscle movements, essentially relaxing the muscle which reduces or eliminates fine lines and wrinkles.
Within 3-5 days of the Botox injection, the treated facial muscles become temporarily relaxed causing the overlying skin to lay flat and unwrinkled. The untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion allowing facial expressions to be unaffected.
Botox injections only take a few minutes and will remain effective for approximately 3 months. With regular treatments, Botox can help train your facial muscles to reduce wrinkles and facial pain for longer periods of time.
Dr. Steven Boe and Dr. Stephen Page are trained in the entire anatomy of the head and neck as well as the oral cavity. We can deliver your treatments with exceptional accuracy and precision. Drs. Boe and Page are members of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics.
Because Botox is a temporary treatment, for your convenience, these treatments can be scheduled to coincide with your routine dental hygiene appointment.
Millions of people use Botox to achieve a more relaxed and smooth facial appearance, while still having the freedom of expression. Combining this with teeth whitening, Invisalign Orthodontics, cosmetic crowns or veneers, you can have a considerably more youthful appearance quickly.
- Botox treatments only take a few minutes depending on the number of injections needed.
- The effects of treatment last for approximately 3 months
- Patients will begin to see results from their treatment with Botox from 3-5 days following the procedure.
- The use of Botox is very safe, however, as with any medical procedure there are possible risk and side effects to be aware of when using Botox.
- Botox is used to reduce or eliminate facial wrinkles and facial pain caused by muscles in the head and neck.
- Botox is FDA approved for treatment of chronic migraine headaches.